Become a Member of The Archaeology Channel!
Special audio message about Membership:
The Archaeology Channel is a visitor-supported nonprofit public service. Income from Memberships is essential for continued operation of this service. Please help supply the cash needed to deliver the programming you want—become a Member of The Archaeology Channel. Don’t expect others to carry the load—step up now and make a difference!
At this time, Memberships are our primary source of revenue to pay the bills.
Annual Memberships to The Archaeology Channel are available in the following categories: Child (US$18), Student (US$25), Limited or fixed income (US$20), Individual (Supporting US$45, Sustaining US$95), Organizations (Supporting US$250, Sustaining US$500), Lifetime (US$1000), and Quantum Benefactor (US$5000). These are suggested amounts only : send us any amount that you can afford and we will include you in our Membership roster! Because ALI is registered as a non-profit, tax-exempt (501[c]) organization in the US, the Membership fee is fully tax-deductible for US citizens and residents.
WHAT DO I GET?
First and foremost, you will know that you have played a valuable role in sharing the valuable messages of archaeology and indigenous peoples. As a Member of The Archaeology Channel, you will be included on the Membership roll we maintain in our office (not publicly on this Web site) and recognized as one who has stepped forward to support this innovative public service. We will not share your contact information with other organizations. Your Membership can also be obtained through your generous in-kind contribution. This may also be tax-deductible.
HOW DO I JOIN?
Becoming a supporting Member of The Archaeology Channel is easy! In fact, you have three options:
Archaeological Legacy Institute
P.O. Box 5302
Eugene, OR 97405
Your contribution will arrive at our door within days. We receive the entire amount.
• Call us on the telephone at 541-345-5538 to give us your credit card information. Your contribution will make its way into our back account within two days. The credit card merchant bank takes a fee of about 3.3 percent, which they draw from our bank account at the end of the month
• Make your contribution on-line using Network for Good. On the Network for Good page that appears, click on “Donate Now” and follow the instructions that appear. With this option, your contribution goes first to Network for Good, where they take a 3 percent fee off the top and transfer the remainder to our bank account on the 15th of the following month.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I BECOME A MEMBER?
After we receive your contribution and information, our volunteers record your contribution and send you an e-mail message acknowledging your gift and expressing our gratitude. Your name will be added to our list of Members that we maintain in our office. Organizational Members also will have their names posted on our Member Organizations page. For a whole year, you can bask in the satisfaction that comes from supporting a worthy cause! Then, before your next anniversary date, we will remind you via e-mail to renew. Be sure to let us know if you change your e-mail address!
What Membership Fees Will Pay For:
Short-Term Goals and Activities:
- Move into larger office space. Even a modestly sized space (1000-1500 sq. ft.) will give us much more capacity to accomplish work and attract volunteers and supporters than our current tiny (400 sq. ft.) work area, but the expansion will cost an extra $2000/month.
- Meet the costs of webcasting. The monthly costs of video and audio streaming tend to grow as our web traffic increases.
- Continued web site development. Upgrading this Web site is critical to maintaining its function and attracting an audience.
- Bring you new programming. For example, we are developing the Video News from TAC, which will deliver to you in-depth coverage of the top archaeology stories in the world each month. We also want to bring you more audio interviews, commentaries, and news as well as videos from others and our own video productions.
- Deliver additional TAC programming through cable TV and Internet video portals. We are in discussions with the major cable TV and Internet media distributors now to develop new content channels. This will be a huge step up for TAC.
- Work with partners, including teachers to develop and deliver school curricula through The Archaeology Channel.
- Write grant proposals to secure support for TAC programs and development.
- Hire two or three new paid staff to expand the quality and capacity of our work.
- Send representatives to regional and national conferences to promote The Archaeology Channel and our Underwriting Program and develop partnerships that will bring you valuable programming.
- Expand the inventory of TAC Marketplace, our online store, by adding more books, more videos, and other merchandise to boost ALI income from this source.
Some Longer-term Goals and Activities:
- Make The Archaeology Channel a household word, representing to people everywhere, in every country of the world, the excitement and deep significance of the human cultural heritage.
- Establish a fund for sending our Video News Team to important discovery locations to capture footage you can see on The Archaeology Channel and on TAC programming in other venues.
- Stream indigenous and ancient music through The Archaeology Channel.
- Develop film and video production partnerships with other media organizations both to deliver our messages to the public and to grow our income.
Thanks very much for your kind support!